What you'll need:
- Fabric scraps in bright colors
- 7 craft sticks
- White craft glue
- 2 green skinny chenille stems
- White craft paint
- 1 sheet pink felt
How to make it:
Cut some simple shapes from the fabric for your flowers. They should be about 1 – 1.5 inches diameter. Cut small circles and square and glue those to the center of some of your flower shapes. (See photo.)
Line up 5 craft sticks side by side. There should be enough space between each that one craft stick will stretch across all 5 horizontally. Glue one stick at the top and one at the bottom, about an inch from the top and bottom. Let the glue dry then paint fence white. (See photo.)
Cut chenille into 6 different lengths. Glue the chenille stems to the fence. (See photo.)
Glue the flowers to the tops of each chenille stem. (See photo.)
Glue the fence to a piece of pink felt. Trim around the edge to create an even border.
- This looks great hanging on your child's door or wall! Simply take a long fabric scrap and create a simple hanger by gluing it to the back.
- Save fabric scraps in a zipper gallon storage bag or plastic container with a lid for future projects such as this.
- To create a sturdy frame, glue the pink felt backing to a piece of poster board or card stock.