Friday, February 4, 2011

Recycling Bread Tags (craftsbyamanda.com)


Don't throw out those little plastic bread tag clips that come on packages of bagels, English muffins and sandwich buns. Instead, save them to make these cute little snowmen for securing your Christmas treat bags!

You probably remember the recycled bread tag monsters that I made for Halloween. Right after making those I knew I wanted to make some for Christmas too. I finally had some time to make these and just in time for your holiday treat bags!


These were actually very easy and I think I like the ones without mouths better than the ones with mouths. Either way, I think they came out cute and took almost no time at all!

Recycled Bread Tag Snowmen
printable version

plastic bread tags
acrylic paint: orange, pink and black
toothpicks
sealer spray, matte finish

If your bread tags are any color but white, you will need to paint them with white acrylic paint first.


First I sketched out some ideas. I really recommend doing this whenever you are trying to make something from your head a reality.


You want to do the cheeks first. Use an old scruffy brush and dip it in pink paint. Dab off the excess paint on a piece of paper.


Dab the cheeks on with the pink paint.


Practice making the noses on a piece of paper.


Add noses to the bread clips.


Dip the handle end of a small paintbrush into black paint. Dot on the eyes.


Use the same dotting method to add a mouth if you like, or use a Sharpie marker. NOTE: If using a Sharpie, let these sit for several hours before spraying with sealer, otherwise the ink may run.


If not using Sharpie, just allow the paint to dry then spray with sealer.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm SO not crafty but my inner child swears I am. I always end up with results that scream "Put me out of my misery!" Just commenting back thanks for stopping by my page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I'm your newest follower. Follow me at www.theecoblogger.com

    I love this idea and they are TOO cute! As you'll see, I'm into reduce waste so this is good!!

    Cheers,
    jodi
    MCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower!
    Hope you can stop by and follow us at
    Www.Adventuresofamnmom.Com

    ReplyDelete